Speed Dreams is a Motorsport Simulator featuring high-quality 3D graphics and an accurate physics engine, all targeting maximum realism. Initially forked from TORCS, it has now reached a clearly higher realism level in visual and physics simulation, thanks to its active development team and growing community. It mainly aims to implement exciting new features, cars, tracks and AI opponents to make a more enjoyable game for the player, while constantly pushing forward visual and physics realism. It is also intended for any research, study or teaching activity, around physics and AI, thanks to its GPL V2+ license, and the clear and modular architecture of its C/C++ code base.
Lastest version (2.3.0):
The day has come! Finally here we have the 2.3.0 final version and we are very happy to offer it to you. It has been many months of hard work to get to this moment, and finally the time has come to make it public. Since our previous release, 2.2.3, we have made more than a thousand commits to our source code, so you can see that we have not stopped working on this project at any time.
As you know we have gone through a period of beta and Release Candidate, where we have fixed a lot of bugs and even improved some features that we did not want to be left behind. Here are some of the most important new features of this version:
- Added tire temperature and degradation in Supercars, 67GP, MPA11 and MPA12 categories, in addition to the existing MP1.
- New widgets for the HUD in OSG, such as tires, forces, delta or controls, in addition to the existing ones.
- New sounds in the game menus, as well as in the gear shift, tire skid or some car engines.
- New options in sound menu, and In-game volume adjustment.
- New interiors and animated drivers in some Supercars models, like the Boxer 96, Cavallo 360, FMC GT4, and the Kanagawa Z35 GT-S.
- Now is possible to change the car setup inside the game. Also you can also choose the initial fuel and steering wheel rotation degrees displayed on the game screen.
- New cars like the Mango MS7 and the Murasama 37A, both in the "1967 Grand Prix" category
- New cars and robots in MPA12 category: Deckard and Spirit added to existing Murasama cars
- New track based on the Melbourne circuit.
- Added lots of new skins for various cars, especially in the LS-GT1 category
- A huge work on trackeditor with tons of new features, corrections and optimizations
- Added temperature in wheel widget in SSG graphic engine.
- Lots of fixes and optimizations on the tire model. Now is more easy to get the tires on optimal temp
- Lots of new robots in many categories
- Better braking on shadow and dandroid robots
- Better support for multi-display systems.
- New Windows complete installer. All the official contents of the game in a single file.
- New official website and domain: https://speed-dreams.net
- Start-up of the new masterserver (https://speed-dreams.net/masterserver/). It is necessary to register again to be able to use it and send our best times.
- New accounts on Twitter and Mastodon Social Networks: https://twitter.com/speeddreams_oms and https://mastodon.social/web/@speed_dreams_official
- New video channels on Youtube and Peertube (LinuxRocks): https://www.youtube.com/@speeddreams_oms and https://peertube.linuxrocks.online/c/speed_dreams_oms/videos
- You can also download Speed Dreams on our new Itch.io web: https://speed-dreams.itch.io/speed-dreams
- Lots of Fixes, optimizations and of course, code cleanup
Complete Changelog on the Page 2 of this post
As usual, you can find the installers for Windows and MacOS, as well as the AppImage , Flatpak and Xtradeb Ubuntu PPA for GNU/Linux, and of course the Source Code, in our Downloads section.
Finally, we have recorded this video to show you the new features mentioned above. We hope you like it:
You can also watch this video on Youtube
- Development News and Experimental Packages (Oct-2023)6 months after our last official release, v2.3.0, we are with you again to bring you a summary of the development progress of Speed Dreams since then. Just after that … Read more
- Release 2.3.0The day has come! Finally here we have the 2.3.0 final version and we are very happy to offer it to you. It has been many months of hard work … Read more
- New 2.3.0 Release CandidateWe are one step closer to the final 2.3.0 version of Speed Dreams with the launch of this Release Candidate. During these months we have not been idle, and there … Read more